Tuesday, July 24, 2012

How Do We Embrace "The Climb" ?

In my experience, Life seems to throw at us the VERY THING that we need to work on the most.  As annoying as it sounds, it's true.  For me, it's  money.  I don't mean I want to be a billionaire, but financial security is and always has been important to me.  I need it for my own feelings of SAFETY, just enough to pay the bills, take care of my family and have a few extra fun things in life.  Of course, I would love to have tons of it (who wouldn't?) but to feel safe, I just need to know that I have enough to get by on.

Right now, I don't have the luxury of that safety.  Ed and I are reinventing ourselves, passionate about supporting others through the hell of sex addiction and helping them to come out the other side with an AMAZING life!   But money is tight, really tight (as we all know, Ed spent most of it in his downward spiral) ... and things keep getting thrown in my face to challenge my feelings of safety ... (you know, the car breaks down, or doctor bills, or a damn huge tax bill comes in the mail ... I could keep going but I wont ... LOL).  It is so easy to lose focus of that dream we have or that dream that I HAVE.  That money issue just stays there, lingering in the air ... taunting me every chance it gets and trying to convince me that I should take the safe path, the easy path.

Taking big risks that challenge my safety is not in my nature, I usually prefer the safe route or the route I can plan out what the outcome will be.  Well, this is the VERY THING that I need to work on the most.  Putting my faith in MY DREAMS.  This feeling of a lack of safety is staring me in the face and testing my self confidence, testing my strength, ... as I always say, with great risk comes GREAT REWARD!  Now, I just need to OWN that for myself!

Ok - here is where I am going with this story.  Today, in a moment of feeling overwhelmed ... in a moment that I felt unsure of the path we are taking ... in a moment where I say "Life would be so much easier if I just got a job at a coffee shop," Ed calls from the side of the road on his way for a meeting with the Compulsion Solution team telling me his Jeep literally stopped on the highway ...  I instantly felt my safety threatened even more as I knew this was going to cost us more money.

So, there I was in my car feeling majorly stressed and about to cry .... and then a song came on the radio ... and I felt INSPIRED by the words that came through the speakers.  This song spoke to me, brought me to the present moment and reminded me to keep working hard and kicking ass!!!!   The song was "THE CLIMB" by Miley Cyrus.  I am so sorry if you aren't a fan of Miley - but we ABSOLUTELY can't ignore the inspiring message in this song (it was actually written by two veteran song writers)!  It speaks to all of us, no matter what you are struggling with .... but these words are POWERFUL!!!! 

I can almost see it
That dream I'm dreaming but
There's a voice inside my head sayin,
You'll never reach it,
Every step I'm taking,
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction




My faith is shaking but,  I ... Got to keep trying
Got to keep my head held high

There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes I'm gonna to have to lose,
Ain't about how fast I get there,
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing,
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down but
No, I'm not breaking
I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm going to remember most, yeah
Just got to keep going
And I ... I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on, cause

There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes I'm gonna to have to lose,
Ain't about how fast I get there,
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb!




Let's not let the struggles we have faced define us, let's not let the crap from our spouse's addiction STOP us from achieving what WE want in this life.  When faced with a road block, it is so easy to back down ... we say it's too hard, or we come up with excuses as to why we CAN'T do it, or we are just too tired of the climb ... that is how easy it is to lose focus.

I never want any of us to lose sight of our DREAMS!   It's in those moments when life kicks you in the ass, when we can find our greatest strength .... I did find this to be especially true with me!  Actually we have no choice but to survive.  But I don't just want to survive ... I want to THRIVE!!!  

SO, LADIES .... Will you join me on OUR CLIMB??  Remember, life is a journey, a journey to open up to all there is to experience ... LIVE IT, LOVE IT and LEARN FROM IT!  That's all any of us can do ...

Here is my dream:   I want to motivate, inspire and empower partners to find their inner fabulousness and create the life that they so want and DESERVE!!!!  And, I want to use this passion to support myself and my family so I can create my OWN financial SAFETY!    

Tell me  ....  "What's YOUR DREAM????"

(P.S. and the Jeep didn't break us and wasn't nearly as bad as expected)



  

No comments:

Post a Comment